I can’t BEGIN to tell you how excited I am!
A Quick Emily Beale Timeline
- 2006 – I began researching The Night Stalkers
- 2008 – I finished the first draft of First Chef
- 2010 – I sold the first 4 books in the Night Stalkers series (First Chef became Hard Lift)
- 2012 – Emily hit the ground running in NS #1 (now named The Night Is Mine)
- This was actually my 10th book, 2 traditional and 8 indie were previously published.
- The praise rushed in:
- “Top 10 Romance of the Year.” – Booklist, starred review
- “Will grab you from the first page.” – RT Reviews, 4-1/2 stars (as high as they went)
- “This is a must read, don’t miss it.” – Fresh Fiction
- 2012-2016 – 13 books were released traditionally in what became The Emily Beale Universe
- 2012-2020 – 29 additional novels and 60 short stories, released indie, to join the fray
- Meanwhile, the 13 books languished, earning me $0.08-$0.42/sale. They were aging, but still selling.
- July 9, 2021 – The publisher made a mistake, and I caught them at it. (A bad mistake, the kind with massive fines.) I prepared myself for an expensive, multi-year court battle to get back my titles, sent them my final (of many) reversion requests pointing out exactly what I had caught them doing.
- July 16, 2021 – They reverted all 13 titles to me, effective immediately.
- Now I owned the front titles that had launched the 42 book / 60 story universe.
- November 30, 2021 – After 4-1/2 months of revisions, edits, proofs, new covers, and a thousand details, Emily is coming back!
- Future titles will be re-released every two weeks!
[mybooktable book=”the-night-is-mine” display=”default” buybutton_shadowbox=”false”]