I can’t BEGIN to tell you how excited I am!
A Quick Emily Beale Timeline
- 2006 – I began researching The Night Stalkers
- 2008 – I finished the first draft of First Chef
- 2010 – I sold the first 4 books in the Night Stalkers series (First Chef became Hard Lift)
- 2012 – Emily hit the ground running in NS #1 (now named The Night Is Mine)
- This was actually my 10th book, 2 traditional and 8 indie were previously published.
- The praise rushed in:
- “Top 10 Romance of the Year.” – Booklist, starred review
- “Will grab you from the first page.” – RT Reviews, 4-1/2 stars (as high as they went)
- “This is a must read, don’t miss it.” – Fresh Fiction
- 2012-2016 – 13 books were released traditionally in what became The Emily Beale Universe
- 2012-2020 – 29 additional novels and 60 short stories, released indie, to join the fray
- Meanwhile, the 13 books languished, earning me $0.08-$0.42/sale. They were aging, but still selling.
- July 9, 2021 – The publisher made a mistake, and I caught them at it. (A bad mistake, the kind with massive fines.) I prepared myself for an expensive, multi-year court battle to get back my titles, sent them my final (of many) reversion requests pointing out exactly what I had caught them doing.
- July 16, 2021 – They reverted all 13 titles to me, effective immediately.
- Now I owned the front titles that had launched the 42 book / 60 story universe.
- November 30, 2021 – After 4-1/2 months of revisions, edits, proofs, new covers, and a thousand details, Emily is coming back!
- Future titles will be re-released every two weeks!
The Night Is Mine
The first woman to fly for the US Army's real-life secret helicopter regiment... and the man she deserves! Captain Emily Beale lays her own life on the line, and that of her commander, to protect the President, no matter the cost to their hearts. "Top 10 Romance 2012" -Booklist
The woman so good that they can’t keep her out of the Army’s secret helicopter regiment.
“Top 10 Romance of the Year!” – Booklist
The stand-alone novel that launched an entire universe.
Captain Emily Beale made it as the first woman of the Army’s secret helicopter regiment, the Night Stalkers. But a run-in with CNN puts her career on the line and ships her stateside—to the White House.
Major Mark Henderson may be her commander but he’s also smitten by his very best pilot. Disguised as a jetsetter playboy, he plunges into the fray.
But nothing is what it looks like at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. The President, First Lady, FBI Director, and even the head of the Secret Service all have hidden agendas. Emily can’t deny her attraction to Mark, but first they both must survive.
“Awesome. Intriguing. Powerful. Seductive.” – Bookloons
“Great romantic chemistry…elevated this page-turner into a scorcher.” – The Write Experience
[A complete happy-ever-after with no cliffhangers. Originally published in 2012. Re-edited 2021 for improved reader experience but still the same great story.]
Buy now to join the military romance adventure.