Bestselling author M.L. Buchman started the first of over 60 novels and 100 short stories (along with an ever-growing pile of audiobooks narrated by the author) while flying from South Korea to ride across the Australian Outback. All part of a n around-the-world bicycle trip (a mid-life crisis on wheels) that ultimately launched his writing career. His true love is military romantic suspense; with contemporary romance, thrillers, and SF all vying for second place.
M. L. has built designed and built houses, flown and jumped out of airplanes, and consulted to the Fortune 100. He is constantly amazed at what can be done with a degree in geophysics.
- Can single-hand a fifty-foot sailboat.
- His full name, Matthew Lieber Buchman, translates as Matthew Beloved Book Man, no wonder he’s a writer.
- Almost born in a taxi during one of the worst snowstorms in Pennsylvania’s history.
- Lived his “Wonder Bread Years” (yes, he’s dating himself) in a town of 1,200 people and 10,000 head of dairy cattle.
- Went to college in Maine where they really do say, “Ya cain’t get the-ah from he-ah.”
- Was a live theater electrician and soundman for several years.
- Can sing an opera aria (no, really!, though he’s a bit out of practice now).
- Has proved he’s incompetent on a wide variety of musical instruments including: piano, drums, guitar, banjo, flute, fiddle, and didgeridoo.
- Taekwondo Black Belt.
- That Vulcan hand sign thing? Easy-peasy courtesy of a really dull AP chemistry class. Doing it with his toes? Not so much.
- He also quilts.
From his Round-the-World Bicycle Trip